The ECSA/LPT is a very advanced security-training program. Proper preparation is required before conducting the ECSA/LPT class.
- You must have advanced knowledge of networking and system administration skills. MCSE and CCNA certifi cations are preferred.
- You must have CEH certifi cation
- You must have worked on Firewalls, IDS and Anti-virus systems
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge on hacking tools and their usage
- The ability to handle students effectively in the class
- Manage lecture / labs time effectively
- Things to do before you can teach the ECSA/LPT class
- Order ECSA/LPT student courseware kit
- Read the entire book
- Read the ECSA/LPT lab manual and practice the labs
- Navigate and become familiar with the tools in ECSA/LPT Labs CD-ROMS
- Become familiar with the CD-ROM contents of each CD in the courseware
How to approach this course?
This course is based on 100% methodologies. Students sitting in your class should have completed the CEH program and they are quite aware of the tools and their usage. In this class you focus on the
steps in conducting penetration testing using those tools. Focus on the concepts and not the tools.
For example: students are familiar with nmap and how it works but you should cover nmap in how tointerpret the results in successful security assessment and how to document them. The LPT templates give quite extensive reporting capabilities. Spend 80% on the Penetration Testing methodologies and 20% on labs.
This is heavy theory based course. Explain to the student about this approach before you start the class.
What is ECSA/LPT program?
The ECSA/LPT training program prepares students to analyze the outcome from hacking tools and technologies. Through groundbreaking penetration testing methods and techniques, ECSA/LPT class helps students perform the intensive assessments required to effectively identify and mitigate risks to the security of the infrastructure. This makes ECSA/LPT a relevant milestone towards achieving EC-Council's Licensed penetration Tester, which also ingrains the learner in the business aspect of penetration testing.
The ECSA/LPT program contains 35 modules
- 1. The Need for Security Analysis
- 2. Advanced Googling
- 3. TCP/IP Packet Analysis
- 4. Advanced Sniffi ng Techniques
- 5. Vulnerability Analysis with Nessus
- 6. Advanced Wireless Testing
- 7. Designing a DMZ
- 8. Snort Analysis
- 9. Log Analysis
- 10. Advanced Exploits and Tools
- 11. Penetration Testing Methodologies
- 12. Customers and Legal Agreements
- 13. Penetration Testing Planning and Scheduling
- 14. Pre Penetration Testing Checklist
- 15. Information Gathering
- 16. Vulnerability Analysis
- 17. External Penetration Testing
- 18. Internal Network Penetration Testing
- 19. Router Penetration Testing
- 20. Firewall Penetration Testing
- 21. IDS Penetration Testing
- 22. Wireless Network Penetration Testing
- 23. Denial of Service Penetration Testing
- 24. Password Cracking Penetration Testing
- 25. Social Engineering Penetration Testing
- 26. Stolen Laptop Penetration Testing
- 27. Application Penetration Testing
- 28. Physical Security Penetration Testing
- 29. Database Penetration testing
- 30. VoIP Penetration Testing
- 31. VPN Penetration Testing
- 32. Penetration Testing Report Analysis
- 33. Penetration Testing Report and Documentation Writing